GermanEmissionSticker.com is a website that hardly tracks you. But sometimes this is necessary, for example when you place an order use the contact form. On this page you can read which information is stored, why, how and for how long.
- If you only visit this website
- If you place an order
- If you use our contact form
- Where and how is your data stored?
- Access to your data
1. If you only visit this website
If you only visit this website and do not place an order or use the contact form, your visit will usually not be tracked. The only exception is when you were referred by an affiliate website (more about this below). If you were not referred by an affiliate, then no information about you or your visit will be stored by this website. There are also no third-party trackers active.
2. If you place an order
If you order a German emissions sticker through this website, then some information is stored. This is primarily the data you enter on the order form. Below you can read why and for how long this information is stored.
- Your name and postal address are necessary to send the sticker by post. Your name, address and company information if applicable are also printed on the invoice, a copy of which must be stored for 10 years to comply with German tax laws.
- Your license plate number is necessary because it will be printed on the emissions sticker. Just like your name and address, it will also be printed on the invoice that must be stored for 10 years.
- Your e-mail address is used to send a confirmation of your order. You will also receive an e-mail when there are problems with your order, for example when the copy of your vehicle registration certificate is not readable. Because by law companies within the European Union must provide you access to your data and because your e-mail address is used for verification, it also has be stored for 10 years.
- Your phone number is only necessary for orders paid for by credit card. It will be stored for as long as a charge back is possible, which is within 180 days of paying for your order. If you do not pay by credit card, it is not necessary to enter your phone number.
- A copy of your vehicle registration certificate is necessary to determine whether your vehicle is eligible for the German emissions sticker. To comply with German law, a paper copy of your vehicle registration certificate must be stored for three years. The digital copy you upload together with your order will be deleted within three months.
Your data will not be used for other purposes than fulfilling your order and complying with German laws. You will not receive any advertisements by e-mail or postal mail. Your data will also not be shared with third parties, with the exception of the copy of your vehicle registration certificate that needs to be shown to the cooperating car dealership in Germany in order to issue the emissions sticker.
In addition, if you reached this website by clicking on an affiliate link on websites that advertise for us, we place cookies so that we know you were referred to us by this specific affiliate. If your visit to our website results in the sale of an emissions sticker, the affiliate will receive a small commission. No other information than the fact that a visit resulted in the sale of an emissions sticker will be shared with the affiliate. The cookies we place will expire in 15 days.
If you place an order but do not complete the payment, your data will be stored for two months. This allows you to ask questions about your order or to pay at a later time. Keep in mind that your order will only be placed after you click the Place order and pay now button on the order form. If you do not click this button, your order will not be placed and no personal data will be stored.
3. If you use our contact form
On this website, you can use the contact form to send an e-mail. Your name, e-mail address and the contents of your e-mail will be used only to send you a reply. By default, your e-mails will be stored for one year. This is because within that period, we sometimes receive new questions pertaining previous e-mails.
Automated e-mails with for example a confirmation of your order are not stored on our side. This also applies to automated e-mails that are sent out when your vehicle is not eligible for the emissions sticker or when there is another problem with your order.
4. Where and how is your data stored?
Your data mentioned under paragraph 2 is stored on a web server located in Luxembourg and maintained by Gandi, a web hosting company in France. This web server is protected and other parties do not have access to your data. Traffic is encrypted with SSL.
The e-mail address connected to this website is also managed by Gandi. As with the hosting, all e-mails are received through an encrypted connection. E-mails are sent out with Postmark, an American company that specializes in mail deliverability. For this purpose, Postmark stores the e-mails we sent out for a short time. Read more in this article on the website of Postmark. Other parties do not have access to your e-mails.
As mentioned under paragraph 2, invoices must be stored for 10 years to comply with German tax regulations. These invoices, which contain your name, address, vehicle license plate number and company information if applicable, are stored in a printed format and digitally on a portable hard disk that is not connected to the Internet.
5. Access to your data
If you want to access your data, please send a request for this through the contact form. Use the same e-mail address that you used to place your order. If you want your data deleted, be aware that this is only possible if not in violation of German law. This means that the invoice with your name, address and vehicle license plate number on it cannot be deleted.